2018 Royal Canadian Mint .5oz Silver Eagle with Nest
- Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g): 15.55
- Diameter (mm): 32.25
- Face Value: 2 dollars (CAD)
- Finish: Radial Lines
- Edge: Serrated
- Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
- Mint Date – 2018
- Engraved Maple Leaf for additional security
- Quantity: 38,800
Please call 800-700-1008 for alternatives.
DesignThese coins depict the amazing bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus), Canada’s largest bird of prey and the only eagle exclusive to North America. An apex predator with no natural enemies, the bald eagle has long been a potent symbol of vision, power, and stoicism.
The adult boasts a wing span of more than 2 metres, a standing height of about 1 metre, and an average weight of up to 7 kilograms. Females are generally larger than males and fiercely protect their chicks in the nest. The renowned raptor is noted for its distinctive dark-feathered body and white-feathered head, large golden eyes, bright yellow beak, and massive yellow claws armed with sharp, powerful talons.
- Two unique features for cutting-edge security include precise radial lines and a micro-engraved lasered maple leaf in the coin's field. In the center of this mark, visible under magnification, is the numeral 2018, denoting the coin's year of issue.
- Distinctive finish features a bald eagle and nest in brilliant relief on a lined textured background.
- An attractive acquisition for both first-time precious metal buyers and long-term investors.
- A striking addition to your precious metals portfolio.
Quality GuaranteeThe government of Canada guarantees the purity, weight and legal tender value of Canadian silver eagle coins.
This is a premium coin, meaning its value is tied to factors other than the value of the spot price of the precious metal it contains. Valuation factors include, but are not limited to, speculative interest, collector and investor demand, available supply, industry promotions, perceived value, economic conditions, and other factors we deem relevant. The value assigned to this coin at any given time may vary from retailer to retailer and Augusta cannot guarantee another retailer will value this premium coin at the same rate as Augusta would in any given circumstance. Augusta cannot guarantee buy-back of any item it sells and cannot guarantee another retailer will purchase this premium coin. For up-to-date market pricing and availability, please contact us directly.