2017 Royal Canadian Mint 1.25oz Silver Eagle
- Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g): 38.88
- Diameter (mm): 38
- Face Value: 8 dollars (CAD)
- Finish: Bullion/Radial
- Edge: Serrated
- Edge Thickness (mm): 4.11
- Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
- Engraved Maple Leaf for additional security
- Mint Date – 2017
- Mintage: 188,000
Please call 800-700-1008 for alternatives.
DesignThe obverse shows a bust of Queen Elizabeth II, whose appearance was updated in 1990 to feature the more mature monarch. In both versions, “ELIZABETH II” is at top, with the denomination and issue date at bottom. The reverse depicts the amazing bald eagle—Haliaeetus leucocephalus—is Canada’s largest bird of prey and the only eagle exclusive to North America. An apex predator with no natural enemies, the bald eagle has long been a potent symbol of vision, power, and stoicism. The adult boasts a wing span of more than 2 metres, a standing height of about 1 metre, and an average weight of up to 7 kilograms. Females are generally larger than males. The renowned raptor is noted for its distinctive dark-feathered body and white-feathered head, large golden eyes, bright yellow beak, and massive yellow claws armed with sharp, powerful talons.
- Two unique features for cutting-edge security, including precise radial lines and a micro-engraved lasered maple leaf in the coin’s field. In the centre of this mark, visible under magnification, is the numeral “16”, denoting the coin’s year of issue.
- Precisely machined radial lines to within microns creates a unique line width and pitch that gives this coin a characteristic look, and creates a light diffracting pattern specific to this coin.
- An attractive acquisition for both first-time precious metal buyers and long-term investors.
- Rendered in exquisite detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, this coin celebrates the Eagle.
- A unique collectible that celebrates Canada’s wilderness and its fauna.
- A remarkable addition to any Canadiana- or nature-themed collection or any bullion buyer’s collection.
Quality GuaranteeThe government of Canada guarantees the purity, weight and legal tender value of Canadian silver eagle coins.
This is a premium coin, meaning its value is tied to factors other than the value of the spot price of the precious metal it contains. Valuation factors include, but are not limited to, speculative interest, collector and investor demand, available supply, industry promotions, perceived value, economic conditions, and other factors we deem relevant. The value assigned to this coin at any given time may vary from retailer to retailer and Augusta cannot guarantee another retailer will value this premium coin at the same rate as Augusta would in any given circumstance. Augusta cannot guarantee buy-back of any item it sells and cannot guarantee another retailer will purchase this premium coin. For up-to-date market pricing and availability, please contact us directly.