2015 Royal Canadian Mint .5oz Silver Eagle
- Mint: Royal Canadian Mint
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g): 15.66
- Diameter (mm): 32
- Face Value: 2 dollars (CAD)
- Finish: Bullion/Radial
- Edge: Serrated
- Edge Thickness (mm): 2.19
- Artist: Claudio D’Angelo
- Mint Date – 2015
- Mintage: 915,630
Please call 800-700-1008 for alternatives.
The obverse shows a bust of Queen Elizabeth II, whose appearance was updated in 1990 to feature the more mature monarch. In both versions, “ELIZABETH II” is at top, with the denomination and issue date at bottom. The reverse depicts the amazing bald eagle—Haliaeetus leucocephalus—is Canada’s largest bird of prey and the only eagle exclusive to North America. An apex predator with no natural enemies, the bald eagle has long been a potent symbol of vision, power, and stoicism. The adult boasts a wing span of more than 2 metres, a standing height of about 1 metre, and an average weight of up to 7 kilograms. Females are generally larger than males. The renowned raptor is noted for its distinctive dark-feathered body and white-feathered head, large golden eyes, bright yellow beak, and massive yellow claws armed with sharp, powerful talons.
- Precisely machined radial lines to within microns creates a unique line width and pitch that gives this coin a characteristic look, and creates a light diffracting pattern specific to this coin.
- An attractive acquisition for both first-time precious metal buyers and long-term investors.
- Rendered in exquisite detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, this coin celebrates the Eagle.
- A unique collectible that celebrates Canada’s wilderness and its fauna.
- A remarkable addition to any Canadiana- or nature-themed collection or any bullion buyer’s collection.
The government of Canada guarantees the purity, weight and legal tender value of Canadian silver eagle coins.
This is a premium coin, meaning its value is tied to factors other than the value of the spot price of the precious metal it contains. Valuation factors include, but are not limited to, speculative interest, collector and investor demand, available supply, industry promotions, perceived value, economic conditions, and other factors we deem relevant. For up-to-date market pricing and availability, please contact us directly.
Ask About Free Silver on Orders over $25,000!